Could Jersey be the best-kept secret that you haven’t explored yet?
At only 9 miles by 5, it may seem small but the island packs a huge punch! Slightly closer to France, than it is England, Jersey is a perfect blend of the British etiquette we love so much mixed with a bit of exotic flair you didn’t know you were even missing.
Think hidden valleys, flower meadows and stunning rugged cliffs accompanied by miles of blissful golden sands. It’s a little slice of paradise that is a lot closer to home.
From 28th May, regions within the UK will be categorised into 3 bands (Green, Amber and Red) and will have different testing and isolation requirements for arriving into the UK.
- Green - Day 0 and Day 8 PCR tests (if still in Jersey): all passengers have to self-isolate on arrival while awaiting the first negative test result. Results are currently expected to be returned within an average of 12 hours.
- Amber - Day 0, Day 5 and Day 10 PCR tests: Self-isolation until negative test result from your day 5 test.
- Red - Day 0, Day 5 and Day 10 PCR tests: Self-isolation until negative test result from your day 10 test.
At the earliest opportunity from 28 May, fully vaccinated passengers arriving from a Green or Amber area in the UK will have reduced testing and isolation requirements. Fully vaccinated arriving passengers will still be required to have a Day 0 PCR test but will not need to isolate.
Top Things To Do
- Explore the landscape; lace up and step out to explore Jersey’s beaches, cliffs, field and dunes
- Relax and unwind; the ideal place to rejuvenate, choose from luxury spa and wellness breaks
- Tuck into the Big Four; Dine on Jersey’s Royals, oysters, lobsters, and dairy delights from the Jersey Cow
- Follow the Gin Trail; Hunt out St. Helier’s speakeasy-style retreats on the Jersey Gin Trail
- Take a RIB trip; perfect for those adrenaline-junkies, enjoy incredible scenery and the chance to stop dolphins
- Go foraging; go wild and set out with a guide at low tide to find oysters and seaweed for your supper
Jersey is the ultimate adventure playground, you can arrive within an hour and quite literally, hit the ground running.
From grandparents to grandkids, the whole family can enjoy some of Jersey’s most exhilarating activities.
To catch a wave, head to St.Ouen’s Bay where the Gulf Stream warms the waters, plus its powered by the Atlantic to create the island’s surg Mecca. From newbies to pro, you’ll find friendly surf schools.
If you’re seeking adrenaline, you need to try blokarting; think go-karting meets sailing! Or why not head to Mont Orgueil Castle for abseiling, or even ziplining, kayaking or coasteering.
If your soul needs rebalancing, take a yoga season on the beach or even on a stand-up paddleboard!
The Rest Is History
From World War II bunkers to ancient burial grounds, farmhouses to castles, discover Jersey’s rich history and culture.
Walk through the front door of 16 New Street and be transported back in time to life in Regency Jersey in the Georgian House Museum.
Built mainly by slave workers during the German occupation, the kilometre-long Jersey War tunnels transport visitors back to WW2 through thought-provoking installations, soundscapes and relics.
Bring the history to life by spending time with one of Jersey’s passionate guides, visit WW2 German Bunkers and journey through the occupation. These are not open to the public unless on a tour.
Ready to plan your trip to Jersey? Get in touch with your Personal Travel Consultant today!